Monday

days and news

Well, after a while I decided to start writing my blog in english. Not only because it's easier, but because it's helpful for those who don't really dominate the language (paco?)
Anyway, so I woke up at 6am, even though I slept 4 hours because I spent the whole night reading Hamlet and trying to write a 1500words essay. Now, I finished at 10a.m, took the bus and went to college. First lesson, English Literature...good except for the fact that I officially hate Coleridge and his "Rime of the Ancient Mariner". We spend 2 hours trying to understand why the wedding guest is even listening to him and why is there a Spirit that follows them.
Break for lunch and then Film Studies. After all the crap with Seamus and Emile we started watching Festen (1998), which apparently is tagged as shocking cinema, and as we are studying about that...
About our essays due the 30th of Janueary about Shocking cinema, my personal studies are gonna be Nuit et Brouillard, Dancer in the Dark and Schindler's List (or maybe Gus Van Sant's Elephant) so in order to write about them I first need to see then again and apparently the essay is about how do the films' techniques make a shocking effect on you, so it's basically a microanalysis (again?) about the three of them...
After a loooong day, came home, made my "home-made-miso-soup" and sat in front of the computer to write write and write. First answer all those emails that I recieve, after check the new pictures on facebook, talk to Andrea about her trip to Paris, go on Time Out and check what's gonna be going on in April because of my special trip, talk to mister Armand who after 3 days is still capable of making me laugh and with who, I believe, I have a big connection, started writing my film studies small scale research project, talked to mum, moaned about the cold, put on 2 more jumpers, thinking about tomorrow, grrrrrrrrrr...and I still need to finish Ciudade Deus and talk to dad about some things, but he always disapears so I have no clue where he is. Never mind, maybe tomorrow. Jamie Cullum and some of Aretha's classics have accompanied me today. Tomorrow will be sunny, tomorrow will be sunny, please make tomorrow sunny! it's depressive!

No comments: