Monday

summer ends

Let's start from the start. Hmmm...Cliché.
My summers are well known for the constant activity. This summer especially has had it. I landed in the beautiful Venezia, and spent 2 days in Italy. Of course, the big disappointment was the rainy weather in Trieste, however it did give me time to finish at least 2 books that were on my mind...
Ended up staying in a beautiful place in Istria (Croatia) for 10 days, and man! how I enjoyed it!
After those relaxing 10 days, mum and I left in her Citroën C3, on our way to Zagreb. Spent the afternoon with some friends on the lake and drove all the way to Belgrade, where we arrived at 11pm or so.
What I really hate about arriving at 11pm to Belgrade is that I'm so excited that I'm there and I wanna see so many people that I get to sleep 3 hours because I just can't keep my brain calmed. (note to myself: u really gotta work on that...)
So, my days were up and down. Saw all my friends, went to the gym every single day (and smiled at my trainer's flirtatious comments (does the gym always have to be so sexual in serbia?) and had a drink with him on the lake, twice, and got his email, and never answered to his messages, and ended up confessing I was deeply in love with someone else who was in India and I was waiting for him to come back so we could get married) kisses F a little bit, kissed him a little bit more, went to Santana's concert, danced with Prodigy, played Tennis and met some terrifying cute guys, spent 80p on Cinema at least 11 times during 1 month, discovered Gotan Project, went to some bohemian parties that balcanic artists organized in their communistic style flats that haven't been re-painted for the last 40 years with vintage fridges and old radios, and where everyone was still dressed as if they were living in the 80's, danced with my mum, accidentally got into accidents with dangerous substances that made me laugh for 9 hours and sleep inside a swimmingpool, ate the biggest crêpê in Belgrade (for the good like times), look at my mosquito's bites marks through my whole body, presented myself as someone else, including a paintor from Paris in an Futuristic Art Exhibition, a dancer from Greece that studied classical ballet in London and Moscow, a journalist student from Rome, an actress from London, a singer from Argentina and a photograhper-to-be from Berlin (but born in Prague)...

Ended up having a great time in Belgrade, but suffocated too much at the end. So I took the mini-bus and travelled all the way to Rumania, in concrete, Temisoara.

My Wizz Air flight was only 60 euros from Temisoara to my beautiful hometown, Barcelona! So there I was, landing at the Prat Airport at 7.25 (in fact, we left Rumania 45 minutes late, and arrived 25 minutes earlier than expected. In the meantime I asked a woman from the cabin crew if we were gonna be very long, and when she said: "one more hour" I jumped and said with a smile: "haha, can you hurry up a little bit?"...seems like it made effect on someone!)

So, I had 10 days in my favourite city before coming back to London...hmmm what was I gonna do in 10 days? Easy. Live it at the max, and I did.
Went to the CCCB (for those ones who don't know what it is, it's a Center of Contemporary Culture in Barcelona, where you have constant Exhibitions and it's one of the top places to visit if you go to Barcelona or even if you live there) and because in August they have open-air cinema, I went twice. Once to see "Tout est pardonné" and the second time to see "Chungking Express". Went to a Kebab place with my best friend. Invited my best friend and her boyfriend to have dinner with me, had a good hug from Armand, partied at Apolo twice, saw some old-time friends, went to Yaimara's house while she wasn't there and laughed with her mum, ate loads of ice-cream, drank a lot of Granizado, went to IKEA to buy ginger cookies for my boys, went to the beach, saw my dad, went for a drink with a complete stranger, spent the last day with my first boyfriend ever (started dating when we were 4 years old. Stayed together for 1 whole year. Really liked him. Named Alex. Still love him, and he knows it) and my best friend, cut my hair in a Chinese hairdresser (one of the funniest experience of my life), met Serapi at 2am before he took his flight to NY and had a great conversation and never told told him that i missed him, met Sandra after a year, ended up in the police station at 2am because we were "mugged" and without a flip flop, got attacked by 5 years old boys (one of them was actually a girl) during a Jazz Concert, spent the last night with G, had a direct sex invitation from J in the middle of Paseo de Gracia (which I obviously declined), only ate ice-creams (I've already said it, I'm just saying it again), walked for the whole day and the whole night, took pictures of naked people, got naked myself, and got you naked.
Woke up next to you at 9 am and started packing, went to the beach to catch the last fresh breeze of summer's air and went back home to get my suitcases. Went to the airport, took the place, got drunk (on my own) on the plane with two bottles of amazingly expensive wine from France and Australia. Had lunch in London. Saw my boys and gave them a huge hug, and floted in my own "love-bubble" for the next couple of days. Got the news from mum, went to Brighton and stayed at Irene's, ended up getting naked at the nudist's beach and ended up surrounded by at least 10 guys in only 15 min, met...I don't remember his name, some random naked guy that joined us without invitation!! Partied with Emma, Jack, Alex, Mufseen, Zac, Steph, April and Mark. Saw Jett having "almost-sex" in his drunked state with a tinny person on the sofas of Audio, had a massive hug from Paddy (once in a lifetime?) and ended up not paying the bus fare to the old stupid bus driver of the night bus going to the Marina.
Had a profound conversation with Irene and danced Lady Gaga all day long.
Came back to London, got a job, got a house in which to rent a room, meet new people, found a course, found a University, got accepted, got offers from 5 different universities through Clearing, heard the day after on BBC News that this year 168.000 people did NOT get a place at universities in the UK, celebrated the fact that I wasn't one of those 168.000, partied after work, ended up gaining 150 pounds just on one night, bought a bike, went down to Brighton again, stayed at Emma's, had a great morning, afternoon, evening and night, ate too many cereals, talked too much about breasts, again ended half naked on the beach, saw someone I really wanted to see, and saw that person again the day after and didn't even get a "hello", made the alarm go off at the Apple Store (accidentally), took pictures, developed them, broke my camera, ate sushi with Irene, commented the good quality of the cook's butt and blushed, drank rice milk, had a discussion over "who's racist?", went to the cinema with great people and saw District 9, got confused and upset by the film, wished Emma an amazing time in Bestival (breast-ival?), took the train and arrived at home at 11 and watched Ocean's Eleven with my boys until 1am.
My summer, unlike other peoples', isn't over. So, let's keep it up until university starts :)

No comments: